The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the list of candidates who have qualified in the Combined Defence Services Exam (II) 2019 on the official website, upsc.gov.in. The list of candidates who have been shortlisted for interview by the Service Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence has also been released. The commission has released the roll numbers and the names of the candidates who have qualified for the SSB interview.
About the UPSC CDS (II) result 2019:
Total number of qualifying candidates: 8,120
As per the result, a total of 8,120 candidates have qualified for the interview round to be conducted by the Service Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence, for admission to various institutions including-
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 149th Course commencing in July 2020
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai, 26th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2020
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala, Course commencing in July, 2020
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai 112th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October, 2020
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course (208 F(P)) commencing in July, 2020
UPSC Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam (II) 2019 result: Direct link
Marksheets of unqualified candidates:
UPSC will also upload the marksheet of candidates who have not qualified on the commission’s official website within 15 days from the date of publication of the final result of OTA (after conducting SSB interview) and will remain available on the website for a period of 60 days.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is an organisation that works under the central government to recruit staff for various posts in the various ministries and departments, and in subordinate offices.
The commission also conducts examinations for the recruitment in various departments of the state.
Functions of UPSC:
- To conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the Union
- Direct recruitment by selection through interviews
- Appointment of officers on promotion / deputation / absorption
- Framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules for various services and posts under the Government
- Disciplinary cases relating to different Civil Services
- Advising the Government on any matter referred to the Commission by the President of India